AN AWARD OF LONDON TEACHER TRAINING COLLEGE
Dalton House, 60 Windsor Avenue, Wimbledon, London SW19 2RR, United Kingdom
Endorsed by Training Qualifications UK (TQUK) as Level 7 on the National Qualifications and Credit Framework for England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Study for this online course at your own pace. Delivered by us in arrangement with London Teacher Training College to these nine countries: INDIA, MALAYSIA, MYANMAR, INDONESIA, BRUNEI, PHILIPPINES, THAILAND, VIETNAM, CHINA.
Study in your own time and at your own pace. Allow 45 hours on each of the four modules to meet the course specification of 180 hours. The course can be completed in about 8 weeks if your study time is almost continuous. Maximum completion time is 12 months from enrolment. Completed observations for the accompanying Certificate in Teaching Observation, at no extra fee, must be submitted within 6 months of your last assignment submission for the Diploma.
- To be familiar with the history of English language and its teaching
- To develop language awareness in English grammar.
- To become familiar with the phonetics and phonology of spoken English.
- To understand how language is learned and acquired.
- To understand what constitutes error in English language learning.
- To know the methodologies available for the teaching of language.
- To be able to use methodologies and the teaching principles to achieve them.
- To be able to create original lesson plans.
- To know the use of teaching aids and support materials for teaching English.
- To be effective in class management and organisation.
The London Teacher Training College Diploma in TESOL is an internationally recognised qualification for those who wish to teach English as a second or foreign language and for those already teaching who wish to upgrade their knowledge and skills.
1. Ideally a Bachelor Degree in any discipline but if you do not possess this, at least 5 passes at GCE O Level to include a pass in English;
OR equivalents in your own country;
OR other qualifications in English (for example, IELTS Band 6.5 / TOEFL 600).
Higher qualifications are not required because London Teacher Training College has an inclusive approach, not wanting to bar those who have a passion to teach but who did not progress academically beyond school-leaving qualifications. At the same time, we have worked with trainees holding Certificates, Diplomas, Bachelor Degrees, Masters Degrees and PhDs in various disciplines; all have wanted to develop their ability to teach English as a second language, to understand and deal with the issues language learning.
2. A good level of English for the environment in which you expect to teach.
3. Age – Minimum 18. Young adults to retirees take this course.
If you do not meet these requirements or are not sure, please contact us. London Teacher Training College will consider your application.
This is the same as the course fee for taking the Diploma directly from London Teacher Training College, British Pounds (GBP)355 and GST/VAT does not apply.
The course fee includes full course notes, high quality handouts, distance tutoring, assignment feedback and recommending of module grades to London Teacher Training College, the TQUK Level 7 Diploma registration, your Diploma scroll and transcript from London Teacher Training College, dispatch of these to your address, and all administration costs. The GBP355 also includes the Certificate in Teaching Observation (THE TESOL COLLEGE).
On receiving payment, we issue a receipt, then scan and email this to you. An invoice can be issued if requested.
From when your course fee payment is received by us there is a 14-day cooling-off period in which you are eligible to receive a FULL 100% refund of your payment.
APPLICATION, CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
You have a right* to cancel your application by email for 14 days from us receiving your fee payment whereupon 100% of any course fees paid will be refunded. This is a ‘cooling down’ period.
* This cancellation/refund policy complies with the UK Consumer Contracts Regulations, which came
into effect on 13 June 2014, implementing the Consumer Rights Directive in UK law. The
regulations apply to items bought online, at a distance, or away from a trader’s premises (for
example, at home or at work).
We refund 100% of your course fees if London Teacher Training College has not received all your assignments from us with our recommendations for module grades within 30 days of receipt of the last assignment from you.
Enquire for information.
Copyright © 2018 THE TESOL COLLEGE
All rights reserved